Position Title: Program Associate I – Curriculum, Compliance, and Instructional Supports
Location: Central Office
Salary: $62,286.00 - $ 81,471.00
Reports to: Executive Director, Office of College and Career Readiness
Bargaining Unit: O.S.A.S.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
In accordance with the Agreement between the Organization of School Administration and Supervisors (OSAS) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
The Program Associate I of Curriculum, Compliance, and Instructional Supports will assist with the programming, compliance, and instructional supports for all Career and Technical Education (CTE) and Career Pathway programs. This role will provide guidance, administrative, and technical support to Career Academy Leads, CTC support staff, teachers, and students on the district’s career readiness framework through aligned curriculum, instruction, assessments, CTE-MDE compliance, and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of and experience in a secondary CTE or Career Pathway program (highly desired) or experience in a secondary educational setting (preferred)
- Highly organized and adept at utilizing technology to complete work
- Experience with any computer programs/digital databases
- Ability to organize and execute workshops and events
- Ability to work with external partners such as business/industry boards, trade unions, employers, other school districts, governmental agencies, and community organizations that can be proven with evidence
- Working knowledge of DPSCD’s Career Pathways and CTE Program Offerings
- Experience in project management and/or supervision a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communications, and writing skills
- Assist the Program Supervisor of Curriculum, Compliance, and Instructional Supports
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
- Assist in the academic, curriculum, and career readiness integration to CTE and Career Pathway Instructors.
- Responsible for monitoring the academic support tools and program assessments of CTE and Career Pathway Instructors.
- Coordinate Professional Development/workshops for CTE and Career Pathway Instructors, CTE Support Staff, Career Academy Leads, Special Populations Counselors, and Work Based Learning Coordinators.
- Provide input for the district’s CTE Perkins Grant application, regional improvement plan, comprehensive local needs assessment, and final CTE Perkins report.
- Support the onboarding process for new CTE and Career Pathway Instructors.
- Assist in the coordination of the district’s New CTE, Emerging, and Early Middle College Program Applications.
- Maintain and monitor the technical equipment, assessments, licenses, and book orders of CTE programs and Career Pathway programs.
- Provide technical support for CTE teachers on CTE Perkins Grant Compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with the Program Supervisor of Talent Consortium and Work Based Learning, ESE Teacher Consultants, Program Supervisor of Curriculum, Compliance, and Instructional Supports, high school and career center staff, to implement competency-based curriculums.
- Support efforts to identify entry-level stackable credentials, certificates, and industry licenses.
- Provide administrative, technical, and guidance support to the district’s CTE Support Staff (i.e. Interventionists, Dean of Students, Bilingual Advocates, Special Instructors), and Career Academy Leads from the high schools and Career Technical Centers.
- Review, collect, monitor student data and performance reports in CTE and Career Pathway programs to ensure students are on track for Perkins V program completion.
- Coordinate, monitor, and support programming for CTE Special Population students.
- Provide administrative and technical support to high school counselors and Enrollment Teams on student outreach for Career Pathway and CTE options/programs.
- Assist with gender equity, recruitment, and retention activities for all students in career readiness programs.
- Attend local and national professional development, workshops, and conferences to stay abreast of updates, changes, and best practices in Career and Technical Education and Career Pathway programs and disseminate information to teachers and administrators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools Community District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions. Questions? Concerns? contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at (313) 240-4377 or [email protected] or 3011 West Grand Boulevard, 14th Floor, Detroit MI 48202.