Date Posted: Oct 8, 2021
Position Title: Clerical IV
Location: Thurgood Marshall Elementary School
Salary: $19.15/hr.- $23.21/hr.
Reports to: Principal
Bargaining Unit: DAEOE
Benefits Eligible: Yes
In accordance with the Agreement between American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (DAEOE) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
The clerical series level four builds and cultivates relationships with a wide variety of internal and where appropriate external stakeholders. The clerical series level four is the liaison for operational services between central office, leadership and staff within their location The clerical series level four is responsible for supporting significant cross-functional initiatives in diverse and complies organization settings.
· Candidate must possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate. A copy of high school diploma or GED Certificate and transcript of additional studies must be attached to on-line application.
· College coursework in secretarial office and office administration skills preferred.
· Minimum of four (4) years of clerical/administrative experience.
· Experience working with large groups of people.
· Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
· Must possess good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Knowledge of school operations services.
· Proficiency working with PeopleSoft Financial, Payroll, School Dude, Powerschool and Zangle.
· External candidates must successfully complete a pre-eligibility assessment.
1. Responsible for coordinating office services, preparing a variety of reports, correspondence and related documents, data collection, assisting with budget preparation, maintaining records, staff training, and special projects.
2. Assist with requesting and collecting related data from District personnel and accurately compile data in a timely manner.
3. Receive and coordinate miscellaneous reports related to district operations, such as payroll, requisition, budget expenditure, legal reports, and statistical data.
4. Assist with activities and program functions relevant to media relations and communications; assist with dissemination of information to stimulate interest in and broaden understanding of district.
5. Research and compile relevant data and materials to supplement media relations and communications activities.
6. Keeps school leadership informed of progress of special projects and monitors projects to determined status of each project.
7. Assist with coordination of activities with other department staff engaged in program activities to meet educational objectives.
8. Coordinates and assist with planning of conferences and meetings; make travel reservations and keep calendar of appointments for executives.
9. Receive miscellaneous reports related to district operations, such as time records budget expenditure and statistical performance data.
10. Keeps informed of districts policies and procedures, answers related internal and external questions within authority.
11. Serve as office liaison providing information, materials, documents pertaining to educational activities and directives.
12. Excellent editing and proofreading skills; strong telephone and customer service skills.
13. Ability to exercise initiative, use good discretion and judgment, work as part of team, and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum direction.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools Community District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions opportunities. Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.