Position Title: Program Supervisor – Enrollment Systems Manager
Location: Central Office
Salary: $71,324 - $88,346
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director, Enrollment
Bargaining Unit: Organization of School Administrators
Benefits Eligible: Yes
In accordance with the Agreement between Organization of School Administrators and Supervisors (OSAS) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
The Enrollment Systems Manager will play a critical role in managing the implementation of staff- and family-friendly enrollment processes across the District; this includes managing centralized enrollment systems, including the new online enrollment system to be launched in winter 2022. The Enrollment Systems Manager will design and implement strategies that help staff and families navigate enrollment processes efficiently and equitably, such as training, guidance resources, and other forms of support, and will continually evaluate processes to identify improvement opportunities. They will also coordinate with District departments to ensure that enrollment processes align with other systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university.
- Project management skills, with experience managing large-scale, cross-departmental projects and driving teams to deliver on deadlines and goals.
- Strong technical capabilities with experience implementing SAS tools or other software systems that have a heavy focus on end-user experience. Previous experience implementing online enrollment systems or working in K-12 enrollment is preferred.
- Experience leading human-centered design projects; able to translate user experience into effective processes and tools.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work effectively across teams and functions within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional critical-thinking skills – ability to structure and solve problems, synthesize analysis into key takeaways and recommendations.
- Ability to identify trends and spot anomalies in data, and generate real-world solutions and recommendations based on the data.
- High expectations – a clear commitment to setting and upholding high standards for students, parents and the adults who serve them.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and being a self-starter.
- Able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality with student information.
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends as required.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint)
Enrollment Processes and Strategies
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director of Enrollment, document, implement, and continually refine DPSCD enrollment processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, align enrollment processes to critical student supports and school processes, such as Student Information Systems, Exceptional Student Education, Transportation, and McKinney Vento services.
- Serve as Systems Administrator for the District’s online enrollment system; manage security setup, user account provisioning, and student and parent access.
- Manage community-based enrollment processes, including pop-up enrollment sites and community drop boxes, including routing of central enrollments to schools.
- Develop strong relationships with other departments, principals, and school staff to support implementation of enrollment processes.
- For the 2021-22 school year, develop and implement a training and change management strategy to address the needs of families, schools, and central office staff transitioning to a new online enrollment system.
Evaluation and Continuous Improvement
- Provide ongoing oversight and analysis of enrollment processing to identify successes and pain points, and to ensure efficiency, clarity, fairness and accessibility of enrollment processes for staff and families.
- Develop and implement strategies to address identified improvement opportunities
- Implement updates directly or coordinate with online enrollment system vendor as needed to make updates to the online enrollment system.
- Produce timely and relevant reports on enrollment.
Training and Guidance for Families and Staff
- Develop and implement a strategy to rollout the online enrollment system to families that addresses inequities in access to technology and provides support to families in navigating the new online enrollment system.
- Develop and deploy training to clericals and other District staff as it pertains to enrollment practices in order to promote clarity around enrollment process and strong customer service to new and existing families. Collaborate with other Departments to ensure alignment across processes.
- Develop guidance documents and resources to ensure that enrollment processes are clearly documented and communicated to both families and staff, including use of website and internal staff Hub.
- Coordinate with Enrollment Operations Coordinator to provide ad hoc technical support to schools and District colleagues, as well as families, in navigating the online enrollment process; develop systems to manage technical support efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools Community District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions. Questions? Concerns? contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or [email protected] or 3011 West Grand Boulevard, 14th Floor, Detroit MI 48202.