Position Title: Program Associate II – Data Manager, Client Services Department
Location: Support Services Building A, 1425 East Warren, Detroit, MI 48207
Salary Range: $ 40,622 - $64,921
Reports to: Senior Director of Client Services
Bargaining Unit: OSAS
Benefits Eligible: Yes
In accordance with the Agreement between Organization of School Administrators and Supervisors (OSAS) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
As a member of the District’s Client Services department, the Data Manager - Program Associate II works with the Senior Director and members of the Customer Care & IT Support (CCIS) and Student Records teams to develop, implement, and improve data tools and frameworks within their department. The Associate Analyst - Program Associate II serves as an expert on the business applications and data systems of their department, and ensures that Client Services leaders and staff have access to accurate, meaningful data that they can use to drive action and improvement. The Data Manager - Program Associate II takes initiative to describe performance, answer business questions, and develop helpful reports and visualizations to drive work forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Statistics, or related discipline
- Strong program or project management experience with extraordinary attention to detail and professionalism, and the ability to organize, plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and disparate data sources to make recommendations based on the findings, specifically using software like Excel
- Strong skills in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to communicate well with stakeholders at all levels, and collaborate, attain, and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Experience with Qualtrics, Parchment (records management), Five/9 (call center management software) and Cherwell (ITSM) or like software, and Microsoft PowerBI, is a plus
- Manage data collection operations for the Client Services department, including overseeing systems configurations to support accurate, complete data
- Support ITSM development and Student Records digitization efforts; serve as a key project team member for each body of work
- Recommend and help implement improvements to the District’s call center management tools to achieve accurate call flows, escalation support and pathways to information and resources for staff, students, parents and community members
- Develop and manage reporting for ITSM business partner meetings
- Collaborate with department Supervisors and the Senior Director to evaluate, improve and develop policies, procedures, work instructions, process diagrams, workflows, dashboards, call scripts and a knowledgebase of frequently asked questions to be used by Customer Care & IT Support within the ITSM. Share and transfer knowledge within the team and across departments as needed
- Serve as the Level 3 Support for the department by addressing and resolving escalated matters
- Conduct data analysis, using tools like Qualtrics and Excel, to describe the performance of the Client Services department and illuminate opportunities for improvement
- Create PowerPoint presentations, data reports, and with support, operational dashboards that clearly and efficiently communicate status and trends with Client Services leaders and staff
- Monitor and report progress on objectives and key results (measurable goals) for the department as a whole, and to support individual staff growth
- Communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and presentation to stakeholder groups
- Build effective relationships with staff members in different departments through meetings to gather information
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
If you are a current District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions opportunities. Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.