Job Title: Project Manager – Enrollment
Location: Fisher Building - Office of Enrollment
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director, Enrollment
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Position Summary: The Enrollment Project Manager will play a critical role in growing enrollment in DPSCD schools across the city. The individual will manage a team that works to design and implement strategies that support families throughout the enrollment experience, from generating interest in DPSCD, to selecting the best-fit school, to completing required enrollment processes. The Project Manager will develop and execute large-scale recruitment and retention initiatives in coordination with schools and other Departments that connect families and communities with DPSCD schools. The Project Manager will also develop systems and processes to sustain engagement with families as they navigate the school choice process.
- Must possess and provide evidence of a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university; master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience working in a K-12 educational setting, preferably working in the area of student enrollment, school leadership, or community organizing.
- Four (4) years of experience managing large-scale projects and initiatives, preferably in a nonprofit, education, and/or entrepreneurial environment that serve low-income students and communities.
- At least two (2) years of team management experience and successfully managing staff towards ambitious outcomes.
- Significant experience designing and implementing efficient, customer-service oriented processes.
- Demonstrated success building trust and strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, including families and school leaders, across different communities.
- Comfort producing clear and easily understandable reports and using data to assess impact.
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel locally.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to work effectively across teams and functions within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and respond quickly to competing demands.
- Strong critical-thinking skills – ability to structure and solve problems, synthesize analysis into key takeaways and recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality as it relates to handling student information.
- High expectations – a clear commitment to setting and upholding high standards for accurate, efficient, and family-oriented work.
- Ability to learn quickly and synthesize information.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for Detroit education.
- Design and implement sustainable recruitment strategies, including neighborhood - or community - based approaches, to increas family interest in DPSCD and help families identify schools that meet their needs.
- Oversee targeted retention strategies and initiatives that maintain family commitment to DPSCD schools, particularly at key transition grades including Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grades.
- Lead flagship enrollment initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with other departments, principals, and school staff to support implementation of enrollment efforts and coordination of engagement with families. Coordinate closely with the Marketing, Outreach and Community Affairs team to align efforts.
- Empower schools to lead school-specific recruitment campaigns and develop relationships with families, ensuring alignment with broader DPSCD recruitment efforts.
- Serve as a representative for DPSCD, attending community meetings and family-oriented events.
- Design tools and strategies to support families in navigating the enrollment process, including clear, timely communications, transparent guidelines, and responsive support systems.
- Provide responsive, courteous, and helpful customer service to parents and students to ensure high levels of satisfaction and enrollment in DPSCD schools.
- Develop systems and processes to sustain engagement with families as they navigate the school choice process.
- Manage a team to execute recruitment, retention and enrollment strategies; manage allocation of team resources and support staff development.
- Working with the Deputy Executive Director of Enrollment, establish and manage a transparent, equitable, family-focused recruitment, retention, and enrollment strategy for all non-selective DPSCD schools, informed by nationally recognized best practices.
- Regularly review data to assess the impact of recruitment and retention efforts, as well as to identify actionable, concrete improvements to the work.
- Collaborate closely with the Deputy Executive Director of Enrollment to build a positive, productive and focused team culture centered on providing outstanding support to Detroit’s families and schools and on growing DPSCD enrollment.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned.
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools Community District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
Method of Application
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions opportunities. Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.