Date Posted: Jul 1, 2020
Job Title: Training and Support Coordinator K-8 – Science
Posting Date: June 9, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary Detail: Step 15 on the DFT Salary Schedule
Master’s Level – $79,289 Annual
Master’s +30 – $79,989 Annual
Doctorate - $80,289 Annual
In accordance with the Agreement between Detroit Federation of Teachers and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
Job Type: Instructional (11.5 month contract position)
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as illness.
Reports to: Office of Curriculum & Instruction, Department of Science, Executive Director of K-12 Science
Location: Curriculum & Instruction
· Strong working knowledge of the Michigan Science Standards (MSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
· Project management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High level of interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
· Ability to work independently
· Proven organizational skills, high attention to details, and superior time management
· Fluency with using digital tools including Microsoft Office and SharePoint
· Ability to work effectively with district and school leaders
· Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program and core instructional materials implementation
· Growth mindset, with commitment to ongoing learning and willingness to be flexible to meet evolving educator needs
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Science, the Training & Support Coordinator will:
If you are a current Detroit public schools employee, presently employed with the district, you do not have to submit a fee related to obtaining the Detroit public schools security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of security clearance.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, you will be required to submit a Detroit public schools security clearance. At point of offer to hire, you will be responsible for a non-refundable payment of $64.50 via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card, cashier's check, or money order, payable to the DPSCD Police Department. No personal checks or cash is accepted.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions Concerns? Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.