Job Title: Technology Client Care Specialist
Posting Date: June 17, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary Details: $30,000-$40,000
Job Type: Administrative
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as generous illness and/or vacation days.
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Location: 1425 E. Warren, 2nd Floor, Detroit, MI 48207
As a significant member of the Technology Division’s Client Services Team, the Technology Client Care Specialist will utilize the service management tool to facilitate, route, and fulfill customer requests for service and information. The Technology Client Care Specialist is responsible for managing service requests through workflow management for appropriate routing and assignment to subject matter experts across district departments, researching and responding to customer requests and complaints, and tracking and documenting service solutions via phone, email, and in-person. The Technology Client Care Specialist provides outstanding customer service and support through ITIL processes aimed at ensuring effective delivery of service to stakeholders, and data accuracy to measure customer satisfaction and service efficiency. Successful candidates will be technically-savvy, detail-oriented, client-focused, process driven, self-motivated, empathetic, and excited about opportunities for professional learning and growth.
- Associate degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required. Customer Service Certification is a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a call center environment
- Must possess knowledge of customer service principles and best practices
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Bilingual English-Spanish & Spanish language skills are highly preferred but not required
- Must be an active listener with the ability to identify and address the needs of the customer, as well as provide complete resolutions for customers.
- Ability to communication technical information to teachers, students, staff and community stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Proficient with desktop/laptop computers and IT Service Management software
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a challenging environment
- Must be proficient-to-advanced user of Microsoft Office 365/Suite products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Possess a basic knowledge of Peoplesoft (Finance/Payroll), PowerSchool, Blackboard or similar applications.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with good follow up and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations with empathy and professionalism
- Must be polite, reliable, knowledgeable and flexible
- Must have a clean and smart appearance
- Ability to synthesize and retain information quickly
Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, the Technology Client Care Specialist shall:
- Act as the first line of customer support for district stakeholders, including parents, students, employees, external partners, community and board members via phone, email and in-person contact.
- Create a positive experience for customers in a fast-paced environment with multiple hotlines and high inbound/outbound call volumes.
- Use friendly greetings, clear communication, empathy, problem solving, professionalism and a sense of humor to ensure every customer leaves a customer support transaction with a positive impression of the District.
- Enhance the customer experience by resolving issues at the first point of engagement, avoiding handoffs, escalations and the need for callbacks. Be assertive in making sure proper closure occurs and look to resolve any conflicts.
- Act as a generalist for business applications across multiple workstreams. Business applications include Peoplesoft (Finance/Payroll), PowerSchool, Blackboard and other operational software, as well as Windows based applications and hardware.
- Use the information technology service management (ITSM) tool to accurately record, track and assign service requests and incidents to appropriate district departments, communicate resolutions and recommendations to stakeholder, and report escalations and/or high impact issues as needed.
- Fully identify and document the pertinent details (who, what, when, where, why and how) to service requests for accuracy and data reporting, as well as the action needed to resolve open issues.
- Develop and update information resources such as the ITSM knowledge base, call scripts and frequently asked questions to provide adequate and accurate responses to customers. This includes staying informed of District events, structures, resources and initiatives, and knowledge sharing within the team and across departments (e.g., key messages for events, incidents and/or outages).
- Strive to meet or exceed established customer service standards and metrics to increase customer satisfaction.
- Provide in-person customer care at district events. May include after-hours or weekend commitments.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure coordination and timely completion of projects/tasks, assist with special projects, and resolve escalated incidents or service requests.
- Seek out and embrace opportunities to ensure customer service skills are up-to-date, aligned to industry standards and the needs of the District; proactively share knowledge with colleagues to improve the performance of the team.
- Perform duties in alignment with established policies, and procedures, as well as serve as an agent to inform others of new policies, procedures and change management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you are a current Detroit Public Schools employee, presently employed with the district, you do not have to submit a fee related to obtaining the Detroit Public Schools security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of security clearance.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, you will be required to submit a Detroit Public Schools security clearance. At point of offer to hire, you will be responsible for a non-refundable payment of $64.50 via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card, cashier's check, or money order, payable to the DPSCD Police Department. No personal checks or cash is accepted.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.