Date Posted: May 22, 2020
Job Title: Assistant Director – Payroll
Posting Date: May 21, 2020
Closing Date: Until filled
Salary Range: $70,000 - $ 95,000 (annually)
Job Type: Administrative
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as illness and/or vacation days.
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director - Payroll
As a significant member and leader in the Payroll Department, the Assistant Director, Payroll Processing and Financial Reporting is responsible processing or oversee the processing of accurate payroll for all DPSCD employees on a biweekly basis. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for auditing and reporting all the financial information related to third party payroll deductions.
· Candidates must possess and provide evidence of a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and full-time work experience with PeopleSoft Payroll processing and management/supervisory in an educational setting.
· Candidate must possess and provide evidence of High School diploma or GED certificate, and extensive experience with PeopleSoft payroll processing and management/supervisory experience in an educational setting.
· Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in a complex payroll environment in a large school district and excellent working knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2.
· Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience with managing and leading staff to excellent performance.
· Must have an extensive experience in processing payroll, identifying and resolving payroll errors
· Must have extensive experience with auditing payroll data and creating reconciliation reports.
· Must have extensive knowledge of payroll tax laws, compliance, and regulations.
· Ability to work effectively with senior-level staff.
· Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director, the Assistant Director will:
If you are a current Detroit public schools employee, presently employed with the district, you do not have to submit a fee related to obtaining the Detroit public schools security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of security clearance.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, you will be required to submit a Detroit public schools security clearance. At point of offer to hire, you will be responsible for a non-refundable payment of $64.50 via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card, cashier's check, or money order, payable to the DPSCD Police Department. No personal checks or cash is accepted.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions Concerns? Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.