Date Posted: Jun 4, 2020
Job Title: Clerical Series - Level IV
Posting Date: May 21, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary Details: $19.08 - $22.90 (hourly)
Reports to: Chief Health Officer
Location: Office of School Health & Wellness
In accordance with the Agreement between the Detroit Association of Educational Office Employees (DAEOE) and the Detroit Public Schools Community District, the following vacancy is announced:
Under the direction of the Chief Health Officer and Director of Nursing, this individual will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Office of School Health and Wellness in accordance to the program’s policies and procedures. This will require working closely with OSHW team members, including the nursing team, central office departments, schools and external partners, ensuring day to day operations run as smoothly as possible.
· Must possess and provide evidence of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
· College coursework in secretarial office and office administration skills preferred.
This position requires a minimum four (4) years of clerical/administrative experience; Experience working with large groups of people; Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; Must possess good verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills; ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; Knowledge of school operations and services; Proficiency working with PeopleSoft Financial, Payroll, PowerSchool, Frontline or other information systems; facilitating multiple high priority tasks simultaneously; previous office management a plus.
Position Job Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Chief Health Officer, the Clerical Series - Level IV shall:
1. Responsible for coordinating office services, preparing a variety of reports, correspondence and related documents, data collection, assisting with budget preparation, maintaining records, staff training, and special projects. Some examples include:
b. Facilitating and maintaining email access for Contracted Nursing Staffing
2. Assist with requesting and collecting relevant data from District personnel and accurately compiling data in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to:
3. Receive and coordinate miscellaneous reports related to district operations, such as payroll, requisition, budget expenditure, legal reports, and statistical data; this also includes nurse mileage, vacations and absences;
5. Assist with activities and program functions relevant to media relations and communications; assist with dissemination of information to stimulate interest in and broaden understanding of the District;
6. Research and compile relevant data and materials to supplement media relations and communications activities;
7. Keep leadership informed of progress on special projects by monitoring projects to determine status of each project;
8. Assist with coordination of activities with other department staff engaged in program activities to meet educational objectives;
9. Coordinate and assist with planning of conferences and meetings; make travel reservations and keep calendar of appointments;
10. Receive miscellaneous reports related to district operations, such as time records budget expenditure and statistical performance data;
11. Maintain current knowledge of District policies and procedures, answer related internal and external questions within authority;
12. Serve as office liaison for OSHW, providing information, materials, documents pertaining to educational activities and directives;
13. Excellent editing and proofreading skills; strong telephone and electronic (email) customer service skills;
14. Ability to exercise initiative, use good discretion and judgment, work as part of team, and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum direction
15. Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills; ability to be flexible;
16. Perform other clerical duties as assigned by the Chief Health Officer.
If you are a current Detroit public schools employee, presently employed with the district, you do not have to submit a fee related to obtaining the Detroit public schools security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of security clearance.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, you will be required to submit a Detroit public schools security clearance. At point of offer to hire, you will be responsible for a non-refundable payment of $64.50 via Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover Card, cashier's check, or money order, payable to the DPSCD Police Department. No personal checks or cash is accepted.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions Concerns? Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.