Position Title: Chinese Teacher 2020-2021 (F.L.I.C.S & Renaissance H.S)
Department: Schools Division and Academic Programs
Salary: DFT Salary Schedule
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools or an equivalent agency.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate or Michigan Temporary Teaching Authorization (T2EA), World Language(s) (FR) Chinese endorsement.
- Cooperate with teachers, parents and community members.
- Enhance teaching team practice and grow professionally.
- Offer rigorous curriculum aligning with State of Michigan Common Core guidelines.
- Provide alternative force choice and creative assessment for students.
- Enable field studies to improve classroom curriculum.
- Offer input and assist grade level, subject matter and leader led conferences.
- Oversee school uniform ad discipline policies.
- Develop parent and family involvement in school life and curriculum.
- Engage and lead professional development programs.
- Offer individual help to students to ensure satisfactory progress.
- Synthesize with colleagues on school activities to ensure academic success.
- Discuss with parents on student progress and academic achievements.
- Instruct rules of conduct and ensure classroom and campus discipline.
- Counsel students during academic and adjustment problems.
- Handle attendance, progress reports and grade records.
- Plan study programs to meet students’ needs, interests and abilities.
- Design curriculum as per the needs of the students.
- Evaluate and assess students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Monitor individual student’s progress.
- Take corrective measures to enhance student-learning abilities
- Instruct students on proper use of equipment, materials, and textbooks.
- Maintain inventory of instructional materials, aids and equipment.
- Maintain accurate complete student records and prepare reports.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Code: 0250
Reports to: Principal
Bargaining Unit: Detroit Federation of Teachers (DFT)
Benefits Eligible: Yes
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions opportunities. Contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or detroitk12.org/compliance.