Position Title:Program Associate II – Records Manager, Student Records Team
Location: Support Services Building A, 1425 East Warren, Detroit, MI 48207
Salary Range: $42,247.00 - $70,690.00
Reports to: Student Records Program Supervisor
Bargaining Unit: OSAS
Benefits Eligible: Yes
In accordance with the Agreement between Organization of School Administrators and Supervisors (OSAS) and the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Detroit, the following vacancy is announced.
As a member of the District’s Client Services department, the Records Manager - Program Associate II will work with the Student Records Program Supervisor to efficiently fulfill student records in alignment with our service level agreement. This individual will also deliver a premier service experience to stakeholders in accordance with expectations, further records digitization efforts to meet or exceed District goals, coordinate and improve walk-up center operations from both a technological and service perspective enhance and implement the school level records archival with fidelity. Additionally, the Records Manager – Program Associate II will resolve escalations quickly and accurately and work to improve stewardship of the District’s artifacts. The Records Manager – Program Associate II serves as an expert on records management for the team and has a deep understanding of records digitization requirements and procedures. The Records Manager – Program Associate II takes initiative to improve records fulfillment and digitization rates, service delivery quality, response to inquiries and escalations and archival of both records and artifacts to drive work forward.
We are looking for a talented individual who is passionate about helping to transform the District and making a significant difference in the lives of its stakeholders:
- Associate Degree or higher required
- Program or project management experience with extraordinary attention to detail and professionalism and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
- Strong skills in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong willingness to learn and collaborate with others to produce high quality work
- Solid teamwork skills with the ability to grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive records, including personally identifiable information
- Experience in technology driven records management or service improvement initiatives highly preferred
- Experience with PowerSchool, MiStar, Laserfiche, Qualtrics, Parchment (records management), call center management software and Cherwell (ITSM) or like software, and Microsoft PowerBI, is a plus
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds without assistance
- Must have access to transportation; eligible for miles reimbursement for school records pick ups
- Manage records requests fulfillment for assigned cohort and support other areas as needed.
- Use ticketing system and reporting tools to performance manage cohort fulfillment rates across schools and at the District level; assume responsibility for meeting or exceeding cohort fulfillment goals. Use data and customer-centric orientation to guide action.
- Monitor and report progress on objectives and key results (measurable goals) for assigned cohort or the broader team; use results to reflect and improve personal contributions
- Engage positively, productively and efficiently with records requestors, including alumni, former students, prospective employers, and other constituents; maintain professionalism and customer service orientation when facing challenging situations or escalations
- Serve as a lead school-support contact for records management; ensure schools are appropriately preparing records for archival storage, following district and state policies. Actively document school and warehouse intake and innovate on additional collection safeguards.
- Collaborate with department supervisors and data manager to evaluate, improve and develop policies, drive/lead team performance and outcomes and create and update procedures and work instructions. This collaboration will include the development of process diagrams, workflows, contact scripts and a knowledgebase of frequently asked questions to be used by Customer Care & IT Support within the ITSM.
- Recommend and help implement service improvements to both the walk-up center and the digital experience. Suggest strategies to increase customer engagement in District feedback collection tools and implement feedback suggestions.
- Serve as a key project team member for district record digitization efforts; work to maximize records digitization by leveraging available support from vendors and volunteers.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and with support, data reports that clearly and efficiently communicate status and trends to project teams and leadership
- Communicate clearly and effectively both in writing and presentation to stakeholder groups
- Build effective relationships with staff members in different departments through meetings to gather information
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you are a current District employee, you do not have to submit to a new security clearance, unless your new role requires a different type of criminal background check.
In alignment with Michigan law, if you are hired to fill a position, you will be required to submit to a Detroit Public Schools Community District criminal background check. Information regarding required background checks will be shared at point of hire.
Method of Application:
Applicants must apply through the online application system. Only applications submitted through the online application system will be considered for any posted position and all applications require a resume to be considered.
Successful candidates are required to submit official transcript(s) at point of offer to hire. Teaching service outside of the Detroit Public Schools Community District must be verified by the applicant's prior employer(s) prior to hire. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide all documentation (including copies) as requested.
Applicants requesting assistance during the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email at [email protected] or phone at (313) 873-6897.
DPSCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, height, weight, citizenship, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions. Questions? Concerns? contact the Civil Rights Coordinator for more information at (313) 240-4377 or [email protected] or 3011 West Grand Boulevard, 14th Floor, Detroit MI 48202